- Enter a function of x in the input box f(x).
- Set the domain of the function by dragging the endpoints of the blue line at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the “Horizontal Line Test” and drag the vertical slider. Is f(x) a one-to-one function?
- Click on the “Reflect f(x)” button.
- Drag the horizontal slider to run the Vertical Line Test. Is the reflection a graph of a function?
- Drag the endpoints of the blue segment under the graphs to restrict the domain of f(x) in such a way that the reflected graph is a graph of a function.
- Hide all points created by the horizontal and vertical line tests by clicking the respective checkboxes.
- Click the “Show Corresponding Points”. Drag the orange point along the graph of f(x) and notice its reflection on the graph of the inverse function.
Irina Boyadzhiev, 25 September 2013, Created with GeoGebra
Irina Boyadzhiev's GeoGebra Applets