Saturday, August 21, 2010
This is the output file of step-by-step GeoGebra Tutorial 32 - Graphing Piecewise Functions from Mathematics and Multimedia.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
This is the output of GeoGebra Tutorial 3 - Constructing a Square from the GeoGebra Step-by-Step Tutorial Series of Mathematics and Multimedia. The GeoGebra ggb file can be downloaded here.
Move points A and B. What do you observe?
Can you think of other ways of constructing a square without using the Regular Polygon tool, or the following the tutorial?
Friday, August 13, 2010
Move the small circles on sliders m and b. What do you observe?
- How do the values of m and b affect the appearance of the graph?
- Suppose, we can increase the value of m and b as much as we can, is it possible to plot a vertical graph?
- Explain why your observations in 1 are such.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Drag the vertices of the equilateral triangle below.
- What do you observe?
- Can you think of other ways of creating an equilateral triangle?
- Use the Move tool (leftmost tool) to move the vertices of the quadrilateral. What do you observe?
- Use the Distance tool to find the distance between the points and move the points. Do your observations hold true?
- What conjecture can you make based on your observations?
- Select the Angle tool (right button) and click the interior of the polygon. Does your conjecture still hold?
- Challenge: Prove your conjecture.